4.09.2018

Magnetic capitol in my eyes


This will be a very personal, subjective description. You should know that I'm not a fan of big metropolises, and I came to the capital and the largest city in Ukraine. I wasn't a lonely tourist, lost in in the crowd, which greatly facilitated me getting to know this area. But I found quite nice places in this big-city noise. 

Good wishes 


Kiev loves monuments. I can say - literally - huge buildings, also a river, large parks, wide streets with speeding drivers and a sleeping district with lots of apartments, thousands!



Sleeping district on Sunday noon
Architecture - I liked the amazing finesse of buildings most. Some looked as if the architect was surprised that his apartment building was too small, so from time to time he decided to "add" another cubature. If it were not too boring, the fragments had different shapes: octagonal or more round. Example below.  

Looks like built-in crown on the roof 

Also, I paid attention to diversity: the combination of houses from the beginning of the 20th century against the background of an industrial skyscraper - why not? To make it more fun, you could come across graffiti from time to time. 



Contrast?

Mother Motherland (Rodina-Mat)* is a perfect example of monument. It has a height of 102 meters with a plinth. Interestingly, you can come to her mind to admire the panorama of the city, but ... I was not given it, although we tried it three times. 
1. I had a dress and you need pants because of special braces. 
2. It was Saturday, the queue was too long. 
3. It was Sunday and it got too warm, so my mother's head was overheated. But as my friend said, I will have (at least one) reason to go back to Kiev. 

*I did not even take a picture of her, since she was not kind to me! But you can goole it easly ;).

2nd Combination old and new 
Another unforgettable place was Landscape Avenue about which I could write poems. A playground for children with sculptures, stylized nooks and crannies from Alice in Wonderland is impressive. This is a small operation in total: the construction of funny sculptures lined with mosaics but makes a huge impression. A park where you can drink wine and relax after a hard week. It was one of the most pleasant places. Two days later I found another park next to the university building - it also had its own unique character. 
I think that every city - especially as big as the capital - needs green enclaves and it goes very well in Kiev.  


Charming smiling

Creepy but still charming

Family of lamps (you can see even children! next to)

Crazy colour of uni building

Bench for getting to know each other better

Modern sculpture in the park 
Intriguing elements, small constructions, unique mosaics or futuristic shop displays could be found in the center as well as in the metro stations. I did not feel threatened either on the street or in the 24/7 store after 10 PM. OK, maybe I did not expect additional control at the entrance to the museum, on the airport or square, to see one of the most interesting buildings - House with Chimaeras - just because it is located on the territory belonging to the authorities. I did not even see that the second name is "Horodecki House", after the Polish architect of this building.  

Details from House with Chimaeras

Metro station

Outside of the building: cafeteria on the top

Inside


Quite unexpectedly thing: Ukrainians like coffee! They drink coffee on the run, take-out, and places with coffee are practically on every corner. 
For me, as a person addicted to postcards, Ukraine was a real paradise! I found some really great copies for little money (although I think I spent half my pocket money on them). It is also worth getting acquainted with the activities of the most popular artist in the country. Sweet baby faces from Eugenia Gapchinska are found on postcards, candy boxes, bags and other souvenirs.  



Just Jesus with unicorn 

Some people wonder how to start traveling - I must admit that before that I would not be ready for such an "action". I did not have a ready passport, and the disadvantage of traveling to Ukraine is the compulsion to have it. The gentleman at the office said "there is no chance" of getting it in less than three weeks. I waited a week! On Tuesday, I went to pick up the document. On Thursday I was on my way to the airport. What an unexpected end to the holiday! I am grateful for the support, great fun and preparation of the entire trip plan for my Ukrainian guide and friend. Waiting for another adventures. 


^_^

First one!


PS I know that the quality of photos from my phone does not knock your knees, but forgive him, he survived a lot. 

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz

Popular

Magnetic capitol in my eyes