13.03.2018

a personal note about various meetings


Dawid Podsiadło – Nieznajomy (Stranger)
in the arrangement of Tulia

*

Hello stranger, I've got a question for you
Will I make it to be back,
roads have been inundated by time*.



I'm mesmerized by a song of Polish artist in folk arrangements. I recommend watching a video set embedded in a mystical, Slavic atmosphere. I get shivers every time I listen to it.Polish alternative music gains power and meaning when you know the meaning of the lyrics. I have the feeling that I have imposed my own post-Erasmus context to these words. This may seem unusual, but I have noticed that I'm attracting people. They talk to me at the stops, in the trams, on the road, in a hurry or laziness. 


Outside the window there's silence,
the most silent I've ever known
Like the one before the storm, that blows the roof off.



In Croatia, people asked me about my background, studies, interests. Sometimes they asked for help. On my way back home for Christmas, i stopped in Vienna for few hours. I met an older gentleman - a honey producer who was going to my country from Bosnia. He bought truck in Poland and to pick it up he had to drove through the Balkans. Imagine talking through Google translator. With my broken Croatian; with his even more broken English. Then I met an elderly lady with a large shopping bag. These are only short moments, a small good deed showing her the way or help in buying a ticket. My imagination is always crazy in such moments. (In my mind: this grandmother smuggles drugs a few days before Christmas or something so absurd.)


Hello stranger, I don't even know your name,
I'm looking at you thinking: is it me in a few years?



The best is yet to come. The fun began on the bus Vienna - Poland. The bus was loaded to the limit. Another lady slept soundly until the next stop... At the next stop, middle-aged Polish woman took the seat next to her. The first woman began to cough hysterically, choke and sniff.
"Please, if you are sick, you should be at home" - she was attacked by lady number two -She had aggressive attitude. Hold on: understand my position. It was about three at night and I had already traveled for over a dozen hours .It was such a pity that i didnt have popcorn. I was traveling with my friend and we agreed - we have already knew, that we are on our way to beautiful, grumpy Poland. 
It sounds very funny in my head. The first lady, after a long reflection, came to the conclusion that the latter certainly has mold at home or other fungi. When I was left alone on the battlefield, my grandmother (of course!) sat down next to me and started telling stories about her youth. (On the way back I met a black DJ who was singing African melodies.)


Outside the window the greyness turns to black
You're still saying nothing to me.
In this boon-docks is where death lives is it just a part of my dream?
Tell me.


I'm still thinking about my most amazing, spontaneous Croatian acquaintance. That's why it's good to just get to know, because you can find a person 100% suitable for us, with whom you would like to talk to the end of your life and one day longer. I am writing about it because it is good to remember these small and larger meetings. Draw from these amazing events. Sometimes it is worth to smile at someone, show kindness and just let yourself get to know each other.
Unless you have such a luck to attract people - then do the same as explained above and enjoy the double portion of kidness.   




My stranger, can you see what I see?













*I used the translation on the text.pl website

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz

Popular

Magnetic capitol in my eyes